Washington, MO US
General Overview: Pack customer orders using various means and methods, such as palletizing and shrink wrapping, small box packing, stuffing and closing, ensuring labeling is accurately applied per standards.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing and packing customer orders for shipment.
- All other duties as assigned by manager.
- May be assigned to various other DC departments when needed to meet company goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as prints, orders and instructions.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as quantities and combined box counts. Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- High school degree or equivalent preferable.
- Ability to adapt and change as business needs change daily.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend and lift for full shift.
Regularly required to lift/move/push or pull weight of up to 50 lbs.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms requiring dexterity and handling or working with packages or equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. Employee will be required to hear warning horns, bells, alarms and oral instructions for safety purposes.
- General distribution center working conditions.
- Full-time and Part-time w/some flexibility.
- Climate controlled environment
Westside Personnel is a staffing firm that services the Jefferson County and Franklin County areas. We are offering immediate part time and full time jobs specializing in light industrial and general warehouse work. For more information give us a call! 636-271-7322.