Chesterfield, MO 63005 US
Westside Personnel is a staffing service located in Fenton, that offers positions at clients looking for temporary and temp to hire placements. Our client located in Chesterfield, are looking for individuals to fill a 1st shift Monday-Saturday stock keeper position. You will be a probationary employee with possible permanent hire on with excellent attendance, positive attitude and good work performance after 16 weeks.
- Assemble mechanical and pneumatic components, into sub-assemblies across multiple models in each of their respective product lines
- Assemble various components into mechanical sub-assemblies per engineering drawings, schematics and diagrams
- The ability to work with process engineers to update drawings and schematics on assemblies to ensure proper documentation
- Assist process engineers in implementing checks and improvements, "quality at the source", based on feedback and data from downstream operations
- Inspect components, prior to assembly, for visual defects and damage
- Inspect completed sub-assemblies, visually and manually
- Troubleshoot and rebuild customer owned parts. Support engineering department in redesigning and building prototype sub-assemblies for presses
- May prepare the following forms; material request, material return to stock, etc.
- 6 months of mechanical experience(Preferred, but not required)
- High school degree or equivalent
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Ability to interpret blueprints, good communication skills and the ability to problem solve
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function of the position
- Interact with others
- Work in high stress environment
- Deal with interpersonal conflicts
- Work with difficult customers
- Work in an office/manufacturing environment
- Coverage during certain periods
Work Environment: Moderate to frequent exposure to shop environment; may be exposed to dust, odors, oils, fumes, chemicals, noise, and moving parts. Work typically requires the usage of PPE and can require work on the facility's production floor or customer's production environment.
Physical Demands: Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl and move about facility and/or customer's facilities. Frequent lifting up to 50lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Assembly Experience: 1 year (Required)
- Mechanical Knowledge: 1 year (Required)