Machinist Position- Pacific, MO.
Pacific, MO 63069 US
The Production Operator One will perform general manual labor including assembly, loading, unloading, lifting, moving materials and measuring and/or visual inspecting and works using light tools (hammers, screwdrivers, pneumatic guns or presses, etc.) to complete assignments. The Production Operator One may operate machines, but does not perform set ups or tool changes to them. This position reports to the Production Supervisor. Assignments in various departments may be short or long term. Duties will be limited to work content necessary for the specific manufacturing area assigned. This position may be assigned to any manufacturing or support area on the shop floor.
Machining, Gear Hobbing, Assembly, Quality, Warehouse/ Stockroom
- Assemble gear motors and components, subassemblies, products, or systems
- Operate machining and press equipment to make gears, shafts and subassemblies
- Monitor and operate CNC (computer numerically controlled) lathes and vertical machining centers
- Process inbound and outbound shipments, loading and unloading trucks
- Read/interpret work orders and production drawings for the purpose of manufacturing components and assemblies
- Read and interpret design specifications and shop drawings and use quality measurement gauges.
- Work in a team environment to achieve departmental & Company Quality and Throughput goals
- Perform gear motor assembly at a work station or on a production line using hand or power tools including screw guns, drill drivers, press equipment and sub-assembly fixtures
- Operate manual and automated machining and sub-assembly equipment including gear hob machines, pneumatic and hydraulic presses, CNC lathes, and vertical machining centers, broaches, hones, sanders, drill-presses and grinders
- May perform but not limited to the following tasks: assembly, sub-assembly, milling, turning, drilling, tapping, deburring, molding and bench operations
- Accountable for quality, quantity, and inspection of work performed
- Perform visual inspection of components and machined products, and document results
- Report defective material or questionable conditions to supervisor
- Pack finished goods & break down boxes as required
- Operate the stretch wrap banders
- Report defective equipment, material, or questionable conditions to supervisor
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Must be available to work daily shifts and occasional Saturday overtime
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures, and report any unsafe situations to supervisor, manager, or human resources
- Participate in team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Perform other duties as assigned
Temporary Employment Service, specializing in temporary, temporary to permanent, and hard to find placement.
Servicing Jefferson County, Franklin County, and the surrounding areas.